Accessibility Statement for Bleadon Parish Council
This website is run by Bleadon Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- you can’t modify the line height or spacing of text
- some PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
Scanned pdf documents do not comply with the Accessibility Regulations but these documents can be provided in an alternative format or on alternative media on request.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording for example, please use the details below to request.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 15 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the clerk:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Parish Clerk, Bruce Poole BA (Hons) FSLCC MMC
Post: Rooftops 10 South Street Burnham-on-Sea Somerset TA8 1BS
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Bleadon Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile
Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
- There may be pages with read more / click here links. See WCAG 2.4 Success Criterion 4.4 (Link Purpose (In Context)).
- There may be some pages where there are stray end tags. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.1 (Parsing).
- Many of our older PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards - for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
How we tested this website
This website was tested both manually and automatically prior to the writing of this statement. The tests were carried out by Webglu Limited.
This statement was prepared 13th August 2020.